Thursday, March 13, 2014

Journal 52- Week 2

I have really been enjoying all the work that the people have been sharing on the Project52 board.  It has been good to get back to my artistic roots.  I have loved my years scrapbooking but it has been fun to do some other art work.

So here are a few of the art journal pages I have done over the last 2.5 months.  I still have 2 to catch up on because I am not feeling inspired by them yet (and life was a little busy those couple of weeks.) Excuse the bad cell phone pics...they are all shot at around midnight when I complete the project so lighting is awful!










This was was for Abstract Art.  I used a craft knife and acrylic paint with some texture paste under it on on canvas paper.  Was the first time ever doing this and I think that I like it...






This one caused me much stress.  I have not painted in many years so when I made the choice to watercolor for this challenge I wanted to pull out my hair because it was more difficult that I remember!  But in the end I was happy with the result.  Not professional quality, but one that makes me wish I was at that wishing well.
s






I am obsessed with Frozen so when the challenge was about Character, that is what I jumped to.  A quick sketch inspiration taken from another artist on the internet.  Just ink and some pencil crayon.




And this weeks challenge was Art for a Cause and my heart is heavy for Human Slavery and Trafficking.  There is an organization called End It that I took inspiration from but instead of the x on my hand, I put it across my page.  Photos are taken from the internet so I have no legal rights there, it was simply a personal art piece to speak against sex trafficking.

So there is a glimpse at some of my art journal pieces.  I hope you enjoy and are inspired to be creative yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment