Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Babies...

Yesterdays blog made me think of the new babies in our lives... and so I thought I would share some pages from the newborn albums I made as gifts for 2 of the 3 babies.  This are for my newphews that are 2 months apart.  Both were very similar, with a few little tweeks.  All pages in both books are 8x8...I good size to work with for single photos with still room to embellish.

Lucas was born first.  I mostly used Nana's Nursery (by DCVW?) on all the pages, with a few little changes here and there.  Lots of inking, letter stickers, my silhouette for titles, gems, and stickers.  They were really happy with how it turned out, and so was I... I was lucky enough to take all the photos for his book too.  It was fun to photograph my new little munchkin!!


Then there was our little miracle baby, Liam.  We are so happy to have him in our family because it was quite the journey to have him with us!!  Alot of the same products were used, but I also bought an album kit  (I am not sure who it is from) so his had more of a cutesy animal feel that Lucas' book.  The last page was made at Camp Croppin (a retreat I go to each year...they made it 12x12 but I knew I wanted to use it for his book, so I revamped it in the class to 8x8 to fit in the book) My brother started crying because he thought it was so special...well, that and because he is really into Star Wars and I screened onesies with Star Wars logos on them...I thought those were pretty swank... sorry that these photos arent as clear.  I forgot to scan them, so had to take quick pics of them before the book went to another province!!


I will work at scanning the last baby book.  I am making the ones for me to keep a little different.  They are 4x6 pages so one side will be scrapped and the other just a photo.  Makes it quicker and a feeling of being able to keep up with all the millions of pics taken of these babies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment